Our basic nursing skills training is designed to help people to get into Care Assistant/ Support worker jobs within NHS and private hospitals, Nursing/Care homes as well as GP surgeries. This training is recommended for people who wish to become hospital health care assistants but have no experience or have had a long career break.
Basic Nursing Skills Training Online Duration
This is an online training course with no time restriction. For clinical sessions and self-practice, we recommend purchasing basic clinical equipment such as a blood pressure machine, thermometer, finger oxygen saturation monitor and urinalysis strips.
- Understand Your Role
- Your Personal Development
- Duty of Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Work in a person-centred way
- Privacy and Dignity
- Fluids and Nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia, and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Health and Safety
- Handling Information
- Basic First Aid Awareness
- Taking and recording Blood Pressure and Pulse
- Taking and recording temperature
- Urine/Stool collection and sampling
- Respiratory rate
- Glucose testing /finger stick
- Taking weight and height and BMI calculation
After completing all lessons you will need to complete 100 questions online assessment test. As soon as you will pass your assessment, you will receive your certificate.